Here are some useful books to help understand what you and your student may be experiencing during their college years.
- I'll Miss You Too: A Parent and Student Guide to Opening Doors and Staying Connected During the College Years
by Margo E. Bane Woodacre and Steffany Bane. Sourcebooks Inc, 2005.
- Letting Go: A Parent's Guide to Understanding the College Years (Fourth Edition)
by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger. Harper Perennial, 2003.
- You're on Your Own (But I'm here if you need me): Mentoring Your Child During the College Years
by Majorie Savage. Fireside Press, 2003.
- She's Leaving Home: Letting Go as My Daughter Goes to College
by Connie Jones. Andrews McMeel, 2002.
- Empty Nest, Full Heart (Second Edition)
by Andrea Van Steenhouse. Simpler Life Press, 2002.
- Let the Journey Begin: A Parent's Monthly Guide to the College Experience
by Jaqueline Kiernan MacKay and Wanda Johnson Ingram. Houghton Mifflin, 2002.
- Doors Open From Both Sides: The Off-to-College Guide From Two Points of View: Parents and Students
by Margo E. Bane Woodacre and Steffany Bane. American Literary Press, Inc, 2001.
- When Your Kid Goes to College: A Parent's Survival Guide
by Carol Barkin. Avon Publishing, 1999.
- Almost Grown: Launching Your Child From High School to College (Second edition)
by Patricia Pasick. W.W. Norton & Co, 1998.
- The iConnected Parent: Staying Connected to Your College Kids (and Beyond) While Letting Them Grow Up
by Dr. Barbara K. Hofer and Abigail Sullivan Moore. Division of Simon and Schuster, 2010.