Crisis Management Team
The SLC Crisis Management Team is a team drawn from the College’s senior administrative and academic management that oversees the campus emergency response to major emergencies and disasters. President Lawrence serves as the emergency director and the leader of the team.
The responsibilities of the SLC Crisis Management Team include the following:
- Prepares and plans for campus-wide emergencies.
- Assesses the specific emergency and its ramifications to the campus.
- Determines the scope and direction of the campus emergency response.
- Conducts liaison activities with Federal, State, County and City governmental agencies.
- Communicates with faculty, staff, students, parents, neighbors and alumnae/i concerning emergencies.
- Establishes liaison with the news media for dissemination of information.
- Supervises clean up and restoration post emergency.
- Arranges for psychological counseling to individuals if required.
- Conducts liaison activities with local hospitals.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.