Quality of Life
The beautiful 44-acre, traditional Tudor style Sarah Lawrence campus -- just north of New York City -- is among the many attractive reasons for working at our College. Quality of life, however, isn't the only factor for many that work here. For some it is certainly the intangible benefit of the College's warm, collegial, challenging and intellectual environment. For others it is the highly tangible, concrete advantages.
Educational and Cultural Opportunities
As can be expected at a liberal arts college, educational and cultural opportunities abound:
- We provide undergraduate and graduate tuition benefits on campus for employees, their spouses and children, as well as tuition benefit programs for children of employees who attend other colleges
- A renowned nursery school with discounted tuition for children of employees
- Readings, lectures, music, theater, film screenings, dance performances and art exhibitions are hosted by the College and offered free to employees. See the calendar of events
- Access to a state of the art library with over 200,000 books and 1,000 periodicals, as well as videos, CDs and cassettes, a music library and an art and architecture slide library.
Health and Fitness Facilities
Health and fitness are supported by our 48,000 square foot Campbell Sports Center, with a six-lane pool, modern weight/fitness training center, squash courts, gymnasium, indoor track and outdoor tennis courts. All this and lunchtime classes are open to employees during the week and on weekends.
Places to Eat
On campus we provide three eating facilities offering low cost meals
- Siegel Center for grilled fare, sandwiches and snacks with dining inside and outside on decks overlooking the central campus
- Faculty Dining Room in Bates with an employee subsidized meal plan for hot and cold meals
- Health Food Bar for the nutritionally conscientious
There is a wide variety of local restaurants and off-campus discounts are available at two major Bronxville restaurants.
Outstanding Medical and Retirement Benefit Packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision plans that exceed standard plans offered by many other companies and institutions
- Exceptional Retirement Plan with TIAA-CREF
The College's location in southern Westchester County is convenient to all major highways and is just 35 minutes from mid-town Manhattan (directions). Some staff chose to come by train on the Metro-North Harlem line, which stops at the Bronxville and Fleetwood train stations, just minutes away by cab or foot.
- Free Parking
- College bookstore 10% discount for employees
We strive to extend our standards of academic excellence to an industrious and rewarding working environment. In this creative and intellectual climate, you will have the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the quality of life and learning at SLC. Be sure to explore About SLC for details on all campus facilities and programs.