About the Office of Marketing and Communications
The Office of Marketing & Communications is responsible for communicating news and information about Sarah Lawrence College to various external constituencies, including prospective students and their parents, alumni, the media, donors, and friends of the College. In addition, the office fosters communication and involvement between the College and its neighbors in Bronxville, Yonkers, and beyond in an effort to maintain positive relations between our communities. On a daily basis, the office assists members of the College community with print, online and publicity projects, produces College publications, maintains the public Web site, and administers official College presences on various social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter. The Vice President for Marketing & Communications and the Director of Public Affairs act as spokespersons for the College and as media liaisons.
What Does Marketing & Communications Do?
- Brand Identity
- Executive Communications
- Internal Communications
- Media and Public Affairs
- Online and Interactive (including social media)
- Photography and Photo Library
- Printed Materials/Publications (including Sarah Lawrence magazine)
Learn more about each of these services»
In addition, the Office of Marketing & Communications has contracted third party vendors to facilitate external e-mail marketing and research through targeted surveys. We maintain guidelines on how to get started with these tools, giving on-campus departments the opportunity to be self-sufficient in these areas.
- E-Mail Marketing (via What Counts/Publicaster)
- Surveys (via SurveyMonkey)
What Doesn't Marketing & Communications Do?
It's important to note that there are a few things that seem like they would be managed by the Office of Marketing & Communications, but, in fact, are not. Here's a look at what those things are, and who does them:
- Blast e-mails to students, faculty and staff (these are sent via the Information Technology (IT) office, and generally need approval from Tom Blum or Jerri Dodds prior to sending)
- Content on MySLC (Information Technology)
- Blast or targeted e-mails to alumni (Office of Alumni Relations)
- One Mead Way/Alumni (alum.slc.edu)section of slc.edu (Office of Alumni Relations)
- SLC's athletics Web site (gogryphons.com) (Physical Education & Athletics)
- Maintain event calendars on slc.edu (College Events)
A Note About College Events
In addition, the College Events office is the central resource for scheduling, designing, planning, promoting, and evaluating events at Sarah Lawrence. The online calendars (Events Open to the Public and Campus Events) are managed by College Events. For more information, contact Deby Finkelstein, Director of College Events, at extension 2412 or email@example.com.