ARCHIVED: Artist Judith Oksner's "Town and Country" Exhibit Featured in the Esther Raushenbush Gallery

Sarah Lawrence College will exhibit works by Judith Oksner entitled “Town and Country,” a solo exhibition in the Esther Raushenbush Library Gallery through May 15. An artist’s reception will be held Sunday, March 22 from 2–4 p.m. The exhibit and reception are free and open to the public. For more information please call (914) 395-2472.

The exhibit will include works in watercolor and ink. Oksner’s paintings and drawings have appeared at the New York Public Library, the 92nd Street Y, the New Hampshire Fiddleheads Cafè and Gallery, Hancock Library Gallery, and Sharon Art Center among other galleries.

“I work in watercolor and ink because I love the look of black ink on the page, and I love color,” says Oksner. “My subject matter in “Town and Country” ranges among shops, pastimes, buildings, street scenes, and interiors from both New York and New Hampshire – which don’t turn out to be as different as you might think. I am in all cases drawn to people and objects with distinctive features, quirks and personalities.”

Oksner has studied at The School of Visual Arts, The National Academy of American Art, The School of Representational Art, The Art Students League and the 92nd Street Y in New York. She earned graduate degrees from Sarah Lawrence College and Manhattanville College and is a former history teacher at Bronxville and Scarsdale High Schools.

Sarah Lawrence is a liberal arts college for men and women, founded in 1926, with a distinctive system of education. It is known for having one of the lowest (9:1) student/faculty ratios in the country. At the core of the system are small classes, regular one-on-one student-faculty conferences, cross-disciplinary approaches and the integration of the creative arts within the curriculum.