Intensive Program in Dance
Advanced students who wish to concentrate over half of their coursework in dance may consider applying to the SLC intensive program. In addition to the regular dance curriculum, students in the intensive program enroll in an extra elective and in intensive workshops at institutions such as the Ménagerie de Verre, a multidisciplinary studio dedicated to contemporary creation that regularly welcomes choreographers, performers, filmmakers and visual artists.
The intensive program carries 8 credits per semester. Students in intensive programs also take one SLC seminar of their choice and a required French language course (see Sample Intensive Programs).
Sample Intensive Program (8 credits per semester, for 15 to 20 class hours per week)
- Anatomy/Kinesiology (SLC)
- Improvisation/Composition (SLC)
- Ballet (Studio Harmonic)
- Modern Dance (Studio Peter Goss)
- Funk (Centre de Danse du Marais)
- Salsa (Centre de Danse du Marais)
- Tango (Centre de Danse du Marais)
- Contemporary Workshop (Ménagerie de Verre)
- African Dance Workshop (Centre Momboye)
- Performance attendance
All students applying to the intensive dance program must be approved by and receive initial guidance from the Director of the SLC Paris Dance Program.
For more information, please e-mail Susan Hamlin, Paris Dance Program Director.