What if you could design your own education—customized to your interests and preparing you for high achievement in nearly any field?
At Sarah Lawrence, you can.
A Sarah Lawrence education is a personal journey like no other, and the results are remarkable. You’ll graduate with flexibility, adaptability, and the right preparation for a rapidly changing future—you’ll graduate ready for the world.
Hallmarks of a Sarah Lawrence education:
- Dons (faculty mentors)
- Throughout your years at SLC, your don will help you plan an academic path that is most meaningful to you
- Round table seminars
- In classes with no more than 14 other students, you’ll discuss subjects with faculty and classmates in great detail
- 1:1 meetings with faculty
- In bi-weekly conferences, you and your teachers will discuss your individual projects related to your classes
- Writing in every discipline
- An emphasis on writing over testing fosters deeper understanding and improves your ability to formulate and communicate ideas
- Alumni who are changing the world
- Alumni succeed at the highest levels: as artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, scholars, lawyers, and more. Their success owes much to what they learned at SLC—and perhaps even more to how they learned it.
- Evaluations, not just grades
- Written evaluations of your performance, not just grades, give you a complete picture of your strengths and weaknesses
Summer Writing Seminars
Viewbooks & Publications
- Vera Wang '71 addresses Class of 2013 at Commencement
- Corporate governance expert Nell Minow '74 quoted in Fortune magazine
- The New York Times features new book on WWII by historian Mary Louise Roberts MA '80
- NPR's Morning Edition features folk singer Sam Amidon '04
- Associate Dean of Financial Aid and Admission Heather McDonnell offers advice to students in U.S. News and World Report