Foundation, Government, and Corporate Relations
Foundation, Government, and Corporate support is an important source of revenue for the College, and helps to fuel new program initiatives, as well as to secure scholarship support for students and funds for faculty.
A number of exciting academic program initiatives have been supported and/or seeded by grants in the past several years. They include:
- The International Campus Initiative supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- The Integrated Environmental Studies Program supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and other donors
- The program in Art & Technology supported by the Blavatnik Family Foundation
- The Summer Science Research Program supported by the Hearst Foundations, the Sherman Fairchild Foundation, the Bari Lipp Foundation, the City of Yonkers, and other donors
- The Center for the Urban River at Beczak supported by the Hudson River Foundation, the Thomas and Agnes Carvel Foundation, the William Bullitt Foundation, and other donors
- The Theatre Outreach Program supported by the Vanderbilt Family Foundation, the Max and Victoria Dreyfus Foundation, and other donors
Other types of support received through grants include:
- Renovation of the Marjorie Leff Miller '53 Lecture Hall supported by the George I. Alden Trust, the Stutzman Foundation, and other donors
- Science equipment supported by the Booth Ferris Foundation
- Scholarships supported by the Nathan Cummings Foundation
- International scholarships supported by the Davis United World Scholars Program
- Music scholarships supported by the Presser Foundation
In addition to focusing on obtaining institutional support – its primary mandate – the Office of Foundations, Government, and Corporate Relations (the Grants Office) assists faculty in seeking out and obtaining grants for research, publication, teaching, and special projects. We maintain a monthly subscription to Grant Advisor Plus, a source of information on available research grants and fellowships, free to faculty by going to the Grants Office page on MySLC. We also put out periodic announcements on MySLC and by e-mail. Faculty are encouraged to contact the Grants Office with questions and if you are considering seeking funding opportunities.