When Learning Comes Naturally
When Learning Comes Naturally showcases the efforts of four schools and a community institution as they introduce children to the natural world and encourage them – through play, classroom activities, exploration, and their own creative work – to make a lasting connection to the environment.
When Learning Comes Naturally offers content and images that open the door to rich explorations and discussions of children and nature, including questions such as
- What roles can nature play in children’s learning and development? How can teachers, parents, and other adults facilitate this connection?
- How can children’s early connections with nature build an ethos of life-long environmental stewardship?
- How can place-based learning be developed and implemented across the curriculum? How can local community organizations be used to support environmental education?
- What is the relationship between play and the outdoor world for children?
- What are the roles of school greening, gardens, adventure playgrounds, and animals in facilitating children’s strong connections with nature and with place?
To arrange a screening and facilitated discussion in your community, please visit our Workshop and Speakers Bureau page.
Order a DVD or Video
To order a copy of When Learning Comes Naturally on DVD or VHS, please visit thelearningchildseries.org.
Adobe's Flash Player is required in order to watch this video.