Instructions for Transfer Applicants
Credit/Class Standing for Transfers
While the admission office utilizes college transcripts for evaluating an applicant's candidacy, the registrar's office makes all determinations regarding transferable credit and class standing. Typically, enrolling transfers receive final confirmation of their status after entering Sarah Lawrence. Our Registrar's Office is able to provide preliminary evaluations at any time during the admission process; the Registrar's Office can be reached at (914) 395-2301.
Transfer Application Schedules
The application deadline is March 1. Applications received after March 1 may be considered on a space-available basis.
The application deadline is November 1. Applications received after November 1 may be considered on a space-available basis.
Transfer Required Credentials
- The Transfer Common Application, which may be completed online and $60 application fee or fee waiver.
- A supplemental essay and analytical paper which should be submitted online with the Common Application. Students who have been unable to upload their Analytical Paper, part of the required Writing Supplement section of the Common Application, should consider the following steps:
- First, using Word or a similar software, write the statement, “I have submitted my analytical paper via e-mail to SLC’s Office of Admission,” and save this as a PDF file.
- Then, upload this PDF to the Writing Supplement section of the Common Application. You will then see a green check mark indicating that the Writing Supplement requirement has been fulfilled.
- Finally, please e-mail a scanned copy of your graded analytical paper to SLC’s Office of Admission at email@example.com. You may also mail a copy of your paper to the Office of Admission at 1 Mead Way, Bronxville, NY 10708.
- A College Official's Report, which is a required part of your application and is to be completed by a dean of your home campus and submitted online via the Common Application. If you feel that your high school counselor can provide a more useful evaluation, you may also file a Secondary School Report online via the Common Application.
- The Transfer and Guest Mid-Term Report submitted online via the Common Application. If you are not currently enrolled in academic courses, you must use this document to describe your current activities. Submission is due by November 1 for Spring Entrance, March 1 for Fall Entrance. Please contact the Office of Admission if you have any questions.
- Two Teacher/Faculty Evaluations submitted online via the Common Application. These should be completed by college faculty in academic subjects.
- A final high school transcript.
- Transcripts of all college work through the term most recently completed.
- Applicants for whom English is not the first language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A score of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based) or 100 (Internet-based) is the minimum acceptable score.
- SAT I, SAT II, or ACT scores. The submission of standardized test scores is optional. You may choose to submit test scores if you feel they will strengthen and enhance your other application credentials. However, you will not be at a disadvantage should you choose not to submit your scores.
- Arts Supplement. The Arts Supplement must be filled out online with the Common Application.