A Deeper Education
What if you could design your own education—customized to your interests and preparing you for high achievement in nearly any field?
At Sarah Lawrence, you can.
A Sarah Lawrence education is a personal journey like no other, and the results are remarkable. You’ll graduate with flexibility, adaptability, and the right preparation for a rapidly changing future—you’ll graduate ready for the world.
Hallmarks of a Sarah Lawrence education:
- Dons (faculty mentors)
- Throughout your years at SLC, your don will help you plan an academic path that is most meaningful to you
- Round table seminars
- In classes with no more than 14 other students, you’ll discuss subjects with faculty and classmates in great detail
- 1:1 meetings with faculty
- In bi-weekly conferences, you and your teachers will discuss your individual projects related to your classes
- Writing in every discipline
- An emphasis on writing over testing fosters deeper understanding and improves your ability to formulate and communicate ideas
- Alumni who are changing the world
- Alumni succeed at the highest levels: as artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, scholars, lawyers, and more. Their success owes much to what they learned at SLC—and perhaps even more to how they learned it.
- Evaluations, not just grades
- Written evaluations of your performance, not just grades, give you a complete picture of your strengths and weaknesses
SLC students Connor Miller (director), Sam Graff, Audrey Hamm, and Amit Sankaran film SLC's take on Pharrell Williams’ "24 Hours of Happy" project. Watch now»
- SLC’s test-optional policy allows return to U.S. News Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- New book by alumnus and writing faculty member Brian Morton praised in Tablet Magazine
- Sarah Lawrence alumni well represented at 2014 Emmy Awards
- Stephanie Palumbo '07 interviews poetry faculty member Matthea Harvey in The Believer
- Sociology faculty member Shahnaz Rouse cited in The New York Times